New Family Information
We know that you probably have lots of questions. Our hope is that the information on this site will help you better understand what to expect and who to contact if you need assistance.
Checklist to stay informed:
- You will automatically be signed up for emails thru the PowerSchool Portal. Make sure your information is correct.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions for New Families
- Connect with a Bishop Ambassador:
Bishop Ambassadors are Bishop parents that reach out to new Bishop families and welcome them to our community. Ambassadors typically contact new families via email in July/August. Connecting with an existing Bishop family helps new families answer questions, meet kids before school, and helps to get acclimated to Arlington and/or Bishop. If, by mid-August you are new to Bishop and have not yet been contacted by a Bishop Ambassador, contact the coordinator, Mary Perry
4. Attend AFC Kindergarten Connections (summer gatherings for incoming Kindergartners) and If you are on Facebook, join the corresponding page for your child’s grade to connect with other parents- search Bishop and year.
5. Bishop Bus Information (if you live on the south side of Mass. Ave.)
What to Expect over the Summer
- June – Kindergarten Orientation takes place at Bishop in early June as well as the kindergarten screenings. Check your emails in May for information on these events!
Mid-late August – You will receive notification of who your child's teacher is will receive an email from their teacher with any necessary information to get started in their classroom. You will also receive login instructions with information on your PowerSchool Parent Portal.